Saturday 14 September 2013

A MASTER CLASS AND SOME MAGICAL MUSHROOMS






We had a lovely breakfast this morning and a good deal of fun too, when a friend came to breakfast and to demonstrate his amazing scrambled eggs. While my son made lots of toast,I fried the bacon and our friend worked his magic on the eggs. It was such fun,all piled in to the kitchen together and reminded me of my childhood home where everyone gave a hand to cook breakfast.

I always though my scrambled eggs were pretty good ,until today. We were served a real treat,soft fluffy feather light scrambled eggs without a trace of grease (a problem I sometimes have with mine)and the flavour was excellent. We all tucked in and soon there was nothing left but a few toast crusts,I can honestly say that I have never eaten better scrambled eggs.
So the honours rest with our guest chef, I am not too proud to learn and shall ,in future prepare my scrambled eggs a la Mark.

After our meal the boys went off to their game and I decided to go elderberry picking,in the rain.
Singularly unsuccessful having been gazumped by the birds I was about to head for home when I saw something amazing....the biggest toadstool I have ever seen. It was a lovely golden brown colour and it completely encircled the bole of a large tree in the churchyard.


It quite took my breath away and I whipped out my camera to get a few shots,without them I did not expect to be believed when speaking of its size. It is ,thankfully well hidden from view or I fear that it would fall prey to vandals who would kick it to pieces for the hell of it.

I am told that even massive toadstools such as this one can grow overnight,quite something if true.
I could not help wondering if it might be edible, just imagine that with scrambled eggs and bacon.

























No comments:

Post a Comment