Monday 30 September 2013

AN EARLY MORNING AND A SURPRISE





After a busier than usual Sunday and a later than usual night I was, predictably, shattered this morning and my poor head was spinning like a top . How typical of Murphy to drop an early morning on me after a late night I thought as I dressed and did battle with my hair.

I have often noted that on days when I have lots of time and when I am not going out my hair always goes up first time. This morning I did not have lots of time and I was going out so of course my hair refused absolutely to behave,each attempt to tame it's wild looks met with disaster and by the time I had managed a reasonably respectable;e look I was exhausted.

Still I was out on time and trundled off the my appointment with the doctor ,awake enough to wonder what the results of all those tests would be.

My doctor is a genial sort of chap,unflappable,and business like but old enough to remember that a little compassion goes a long way. I was the second patient and did not have long to wait, taking my blood pressure was the first order of business......it was normal...for me a minor miracle!
Next we discussed my problems with the new tablets and my difficulty in contacting him during the week, both problems were addressed satisfactorily.

Nothing had been said about the test results so far and finally I just had to ask......The question hung in the air for a few moments and then....all the results were fine....more than fine...my cholesterol was low, which among other results surprised my doctor, and best of all I am definitely not diabetic!!

It seems that I am suffering from exhaustion,and it is this that is causing most of my symptoms. There are still a few mysteries but at least I do not have to face endless tests and hospital visits for some new affliction, thank the Gods.

I must now become acclimatised to the new medication and adjust it to suit my changing needs, until I manage this balancing act I shall still suffer the side effects which have bedevilled me during the past week. Suffering as I am from exhaustion the last thing |I needed was a bunch of pills which induce sleep.

I am sure that all will be well in time and at least no I can have a pain free day..as long as I don't mind spending it in bed!

We had another cause for celebration, this morning my son received his first royalties cheque, and a fine big cheque it was too........at last he is beginning to believe than he has achieved his goal , once again thank the Gods.


No comments:

Post a Comment