Monday 23 September 2013

Unnatural High

My visit last week to the doctor has had a catastrophic effect upon my ability, not just to write, but to perform even the most simple task. The pain relief I have been taking very sparingly for some time I now have to take four times daily; this and the effects of a muscle relaxant and another form of pain relief has caused me a good deal of trouble.

Each of these tablets contains a leaflet warning of the after effects, one of which is drowsiness, this has proved to be a huge understatement. After taking these tablets I spend several hours asleep, whenever I wake I am totally incoherent, not to put to fine a point upon it completely ga-ga!

When I attempt to write I fall asleep for a few seconds and wake to find a screen full of lines of Js, Bs and some times even Zs, I cannot even manage to write a simple shopping list.

This has left my son having to cope with the running of the house, the preparation of meals and the writing of my daily blog. Tonight I DELAYED the taking of my medication in order to write this, unfortunately their effects are now becoming apparent and I find that I cannot think. My son will have to finish this for me, goodnight.

(Son of Avie: I tidied the blog up a little before posting it, and thought I would add that despite the aftereffects, Mum is now not in pain for the first time in years – everything's fine, just these pills being a pretty hefty shock to the system!)


No comments:

Post a Comment