Friday 27 September 2013

MORE NHS FUN





Following on from yesterdays rant about the receptionists at my doctors surgery,this afternoon my G.P called to ask why I had not been in contact with him about the new medication he prescribed for me last week.
Unfortunately was unavailable when he called and so my son mentioned to him that we had indeed attempted to contact him but had been prevented from doing so by the receptionists.

Insisting that he wished to speak to me he left a message that I was to call him asap, so asap that is exactly what I did. Take a wild guess at what happened next....................that’s correct,the receptionist insisted that he was busy and that it was no use leaving a message as he was seeing patients all afternoon. Well what else would he be doing? “And what exactly was the matter with me?”

Had I been in better health,I might have remarked that I was not in the habit of discussing my medical problems with unqualified ,self appointed inquisitors such as herself,as it was I could not be bothered.

Of course I explained that I was calling at the particular request of the doctor and she remarked to the effect of “Well that,s what they all say.”

To weak and feeble to argue I gave up.


I see my G.P next on Monday morning,if I survive that is. You may believe that I intend to deal with those overbearing harpies at that time...enough is enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment