Tuesday 1 October 2013

THERE,S A FOG IN MY BRAIN




Before anyone waxes satirical and says “Nothing new there then.” I have to say that I am still suffering from the side effects of my new medication. I have reduced the dose of pain killers by half and the other new one by two thirds,the anti spasmodic medication I am continuing at full strength.....for the moment.

This time of the year is always a busy one for me with all the fruit to bottle and the jams and chutneys to make,not to mention the blanching and freezing of masses of apples,sweet corn and runner beans for winter use. Here I am with a fog in my brain no strength in my arms and legs and a tendency to fall asleep at the drop of a hat.

Today I tried every thing to wake myself up,cold shower (and a damn fool idea that was) energy drinks and glucose tablets, fresh air and loud music.........it was a total waste of time.

I did manage to peel and blanch four large trays of apple rings for the freezer and I did make an apple cake for dinner...a feeble effort compared to my usual workload on an average day on autumn.
The boys tell me that all will be well ,I wish I was sure that was true. Time gets away from me all to quickly if I allow it to do so.

Socks must be pulled up, the upper lip must be stiffened and if at all possible I must get out of bed before ten thirty tomorrow morning! I fear this is a faint hope indeed.

On the plus side ,my son is happier than I have seen him in months now that his first royalty cheque is safely in the bank and the knowledge that the next two will be similar in size has put a wide smile on his dear face. The research books have arrived for his next three novels and the knowledge that his passion for books is now tax deductible is contributing much to his pleasure in them.

Pa has an MRI scan tomorrow,they seem to be rushing him through the preliminaries necessary before his operations.

The cats have,for the present stopped fighting so apart from my feeble condition all is well. Perhaps by tomorrow the drugged up feeling will be fading and I shall be myself again,in the mean time,it's time I'm off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment