Monday 14 October 2013

A CIRCULAR TOUR




Today I went round in so many circles that I resembled the fabled Oozalum bird and almost came to the same sticky end! Yet again I was obliged to visit my G.P's surgery in order to correct one of their endless mistakes. I have said so much about this problem of late that I run the risk of becoming boring therefore enough said!
Thence to the supermarket I travelled an unusual route along the Great West Road,the number of nutters on four wheels was up to the usual average which meant that I needed eyes in an area familiar the the afore mentioned Oozalum bird. I sought out the items forgotten on my last visit and headed to my next port of call.

Another left turn took me to the hardware store where I picked up the vital necessities which I forgot last time I was there, a pattern is emerging as you can see.

All in all a trip of at least four miles,more like five,and this on a mobility scooter with only rudimentary suspension along some of the worst pavements in the Western Hemisphere!
As a result I fell as if I had spent the afternoon in an industrial tumble dried with a load of logs, I am battered and bruised and very tired indeed.

Thank the Gods I am not an Oozalum bird,tonight the vanishing act would be impossible, my bum being quite square due to my long drive.

“Sit down,” they said on my return home. “Have some coffee and relax.” I could not have sat down at that moment for and introduction to Sean Connery!



No comments:

Post a Comment