Saturday 19 October 2013

BACK TO BAKING






Recently I have done far less baking than formerly,a combination of tiredness, medication and the fact that my son no longer takes cookies to work. These days I bake bread once a week instead of three times,twice at the most and cookies about once every week or two. Today with Christmas around the corner I decided to put myself through my paces in order to be ready when the time comes to bake our Christmas goodies.

Today I baked a batch of biscuits,a kind of spicy shortbread round with a toffee set in the middle...yummy. A batch of seven loaves came next, all different shapes and with different toppings,we ate some tonight with fish and chips (cooked by my son) it was a lovely meal.

Harry, our part time Tom cat spent most of the day curled up on my bed,rising occasionally to eat then returning to his slumbers. Never have I seen a cat so relaxed. Moth spent the day under my bed,she would like to give the impression that she is indifferent to Harry when really she admires him very much.

Twiggy kept company with Pa all day curled up beside him while he dealt with some outstanding paper work...and about time too!

I am waffling,this is because I am falling asleep,I have to keep erasing rows of letters caused when I fall asleep for a few secondsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Time for bed, goodnight one and all.................................................


No comments:

Post a Comment