Friday 18 October 2013

THINGS GO RIGHT....................FINGERS CROSSED.




There is no doubt that by lunch time yesterday Murphy was running the show here,if it could go wrong it did!
Today however there is a considerable improvement,for which relief much thanks; as yesterday was so atrocious I seriously suspected that the whole family was under a curse.

For instance, I find as I grow older I feel the cold more than usually so this year I decided to invest in some flannel sheets. It can be difficult to obtain real flannel sheets these days,almost always one discovers that the sheets are really flannelette in disguise. In spite of this I ordered a rather nice set of bed linen comprising top sheet, fitted sheet and a pair of pillow cases in a warm brown check.

When they arrived yesterday not only were they made from a very inferior fabric,they had some how transmogrified along the way into a duvet cover and sheet, and rather oddly,no pillow cases?
At first the on line vendor was inclined to truculence and refused to refund (due to the poor quality a replacement was out of the question),until my son gave him chapter and verse on the law concerning such matter,where upon he folded at once and “Was please to refund my money if I would be so good as to return the goods.)

I was disappointed ,another chilly few nights were on the cards,then my son found a supplier of what looked like excellent bed linen and he purchased a set for me., and to my amazement they arrived this morning. Now washed and hanging on the airer they should,with luck be keeping me cosy this time tomorrow.

Most of the little niggles of yesterday have sorted themselves out and we are all much happier for it.

As for that appalling shambles which calls it self(straight faced mark you) the Government of the U.S.A. ,
they seem to have pulled back from the brink of the abyss....for the moment.
Let us ,however not become complacent,hell still awaits and the hand cart ise still out on rental to the United States Senate,remember it ain't over until the fat lady sings.........God bless America presumably?

No comments:

Post a Comment