Friday 10 June 2011

BACK TO NORMAL...WELL ALMOST!



First of all let my apologise for getting my soap box out yesterday, my only excuse is that from time to time I become irritated beyond measure with political goings on and a good rant makes me feel better. This morning I was much better...that is until I saw a news item that put my temper back on the boil. We all suspected of course that the business of almost all politicians is to keep their useless bums firmly upon there parliamentary seats but to have this demonstrated so blatantly by the leaked notes from the office of Mr Ed Balls,( incidentally did ever a man's name fit him so well) proves that we were right all along.

While Londoners were being bombed and while the economy was going to hell in a hand cart it seems that the New Labour cabinet was concerned mainly with the ousting of Tony Blair,(not a bad idea in its self) but It would be nice to think that these back stabbers would be putting as much energy in to running the country as ruining their leader. Gordon Brown, come on, the fact that they were supporting the man who presided over the bankrupting of our economy shows a marked lack of judgement if you ask me.

I have resolved not to watch the news for a while on the premise that ignorance is bliss, I could do with a little bliss just now!

Today has been rather nice taken all around. Over and early cup of coffee I viewed some more of my sons holiday snaps, a lovely way to start the day. Pa got up in good time and I was making the days bread by nine after which a large batch of fresh baked blueberry muffins made our breakfast along with a good strong pot of tea and some orange juice. Just as we had finished the washing up the fortnightly grocery delivery arrived and my son and I had it unpacked and put away in record time.

There were as usual quite a few missing items and incorrect items and so I was obliged to pop out to the super market to replace , this occurs much too often to cause any surprise and these days I allow time on a Friday for this trip.

The whole house has been cleaned this week and all that remained to do today was to hoover and steam all the carpets and floors, my son hoovered, I steamed., every room looks clean and tidy for the weekend. We have another party here on Sunday and as I have another large cake to bake I do not want too much house work to do. This weeks party is for a friend who is on holiday from America. He works in New York at the moment and is home for a week or two. He is a New Zealander so as you can see he gets around.

For dinner we had our traditional Friday feast of new bread with cooked meats,pate and lots of cheeses with a big salad from the garden, this was followed by raspberry jelly made from fresh raspberry juice. The summer raspberries are doing well this year and I was able today to make another bottle of raspberry vodka, my sons favourite tipple these days. I miss making wine which I have done all my life but I no longer have the time or indeed the stamina required for the process.

We do have a few vintage bottle left from my last brewing and some of our home made liqueurs are approaching five years old, the longer they are left the smoother they become. By the time Pa reaches the age of sixty five we shall be able to toast his health in ten year old damson gin.

The card I ordered for Pa on Fathers day has arrived and it is gorgeous, it is a soft focus photograph of Twiggy sitting on a flokati rug and looking unspeakably beautiful. Inside the legend reads, Happy Fathers Day for Twiggy and the staff. I have brought a frame so that pa can hang it on the wall above his desk, he adores our little cat and it is mutual.
Now that the business of the day is over I intend to take a bath and then watch a film, I have yet to decide what film to watch,perhaps a comedy, we shall see.
Have a splendid weekend one and all and stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment