Wednesday 1 June 2011

THE GOOD NEWS AND THE BAD NEWS.


The bad news is that somewhere along the line a departing G.P forgot to refer me to the Urology Department, how tiresome and how typical. The good news is that the Doctor I saw today, a genuine honest to God bona fide old fashioned G. P tells me that the lumps on my kidneys shown on my recent scan are almost certainly old scar tissue caused by the severe infection I had some years ago, as you may suppose I am relieved to hear this information. I have now been referred to the Consultant who treated me last time and with luck this particular problem can soon be solved.

The new steamer arrived this afternoon, it felt like the relief of Mafeking , I fired her up to make sure that she was working before recycling the boxes but I did not steam the carpets until later as I wanted to spend some time in the garden. Steamers make short work of all types of cleaning and at fifty pounds complete with tools it is not worth doing without one. They pay for themselves quite quickly as you do not need to buy and floor cleaner, window cleaner or bath and tile cleaner and I can defrost a freezer in about fifteen minutes without the aid of chemicals.. wonderful.

I promised the boys sausages and mash for dinner as we had some rather delectable Cumberland rings in the freezer, I served them with onion sauce and apple gravy diced carrots and peas and mashed potato. There is enough potato left to make some potato cakes tomorrow, they make a great breakfast with bacon and eggs or just served hot with a little butter,the actual cooking was fraught with problems, more later.

My son is excited today, his new play station 3 arrived this morning, I too am pleased as I intent to purchase the Guitar Hero thingy. Throughout the day a stream of delivery men rolled up at the door, I had to keep cantering up from the garden to relieve them of their packages a total of seven times. I was about to begin our evening meal when I heard a sound which made my blood run cold.........”Coooeee!, we've come for a visit.”

Faced with cooking dinner , making my sons packed meal for tonight and entertaining two guests with tea and cake did not exactly fill me with delight but I put a brave face on things and as I served tea it was announced that the other members of the party would be arriving shortly, some where inside me a little voice said “no No NO! As luck would have it they all left shortly before dinner was served and I was left with a mountain of dishes to wash and a kitchen that resembled a war zone!

Another knock on the door, the final delivery of the day, new cushion covers for Pa, I was putting them on when down the path came yet another visitor, it was late and although she is a darling I met her on the path and we sat down to talk on a bench in the garden, I could not face making tea again and I felt as if the day would never end. She went after about half an hour and I made a bolt for my room instructing Pa to tell any further callers that I had run off with the milk man, on no account did I wish to see anyone else this evening. I finished the chores and took a well deserved bath and now I am off to put my feet up. Woe betide anyone who disturbs my rest, they may not live to regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment