Tuesday 7 June 2011

BURNING RUBBER


The soles of my clogs have been red hot all day, I am amazed that they have not melted considering the mileage they have done and the amount of time I have spent trotting about today.
To begin with I woke at four this morning and spent the next three hours finding quiet jobs to do as I thought that my son was fast asleep, it was not until seven that I discovered that not only was he awake and had been since four but that it was he who woke me so early banging about in his room. He had spent three hours playing with his new PS3 while I tip-toed about. Bum!

My spirits were restored with a cup of coffee, I read through the e mails I had written to check for the inevitable spelling mistakes , sent them on their merry way, dressed, change the bed covers and went down stairs to get breakfast. We had planned to have blueberry muffins but my son fancied poached eggs on toast instead so it was poached eggs for three and very nice they were.

My son had a trip to Richmond planned and I needed to nip out for a few items so off we both went leaving Pa finishing his breakfast, I blazed around the supermarket, grabbed the things I needed and blazed back home, it does not do to leave Pa alone for long as he falls down so often, amongst other things. No sooner had I returned, changed and ready for a day in the garden when Pa announced that we had run out of Fat Balls for the wood peckers. Now why he did not mention this when I was going to the shops I can not say, I was furious as I had passed both the pet shop and the garden centre on my travels. I went in to the garden to cool my temper!

Yesterday I picked no fruit and as a consequence today there were lots of ripe strawberries ready to go in to the jam pan, there were also lots of gooseberries and raspberries ready to pick so that was the first hour or so spoken for. Tomorrows weather forecast is for rain and the next few days look less than promising so I really needed to hoe out the weeds before they had a chance to grow any bigger and cause trouble so that took another hour or so. I tied in the tomatoes and sunflowers, I should have liked to have strimmed the paths and mowed the lawn but I had to go out again to buy those blasted Fat balls! I went indoors prepared the pork for roasting and popped it in the oven.

There had been a couple of major highlights in the day one of which was the arrival of a DVD of the film “Scaramouche” a wonderful film, full of swash buckling and fun. The other arrival was A kaftan I have been wanting for over a year as I had to wait for the new stock to arrive. It is beautifully made and hand painted with a black cat and a full moon amongst other things. I thought that as I had to go out I would buy some black sandals to go with the kaftan as I do not have any shoes suitable to wear with such a garment. I blazed off to the supermarket, grabbed what I needed, including a pair of black sequinned sandals and blazed home again.

My son was back from Richmond and he made coffee while I prepared the potato wedges and the dips and washed a salad for dinner, by now I was feeling dizzy.

Dinner was much appreciated and there was very little left for our poor foxes who seem to have a taste for garlic sauce, unlike the cat who hates the stuff. Twiggy, much disgusted by the fact that I have not played with her at all today insisted upon a game of hide and seek, this and chase me are her favourite games which she plays with all the delight of a small child. I could not bear to refuse and so out I went to play.

It is now eight O clock and as soon as this blog is posted I shall have a bath after which I shall soak my sizzling tootsies in a bowl of iced water and drink a large Vodka and soda and if any one, I do not care who he is wants anything else this evening they can..................well they know what they can do!

No comments:

Post a Comment