Saturday 18 June 2011

DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND MY CONTROL TONIGHT'S ORIGINAL BLOG DID NOT PASS THE CENSOR SO I AM AFRAID THAT YOU WILL HAVE TO MAKE DO WITH TRIVIA!


My son arrived home this morning more tire that I have ever seen him after a night at work,I am worried about him but he says that he is fine so that as they say is that.

It has been an odd sort of day, Pa went to the pharmacy to pick up our prescriptions, on his arrival at the shop he realised that he had forgotten to take the prescriptions with him. Back he came to collect them and then he set off again. I needed to go out myself today bit by the time Pa had finished footling about it began to rain heavily and within a few minutes a thunder storm broke complete with lightning and large hail stones.

While I had been waiting for Pa to return from the village the second time I had picked a pound of raspberries, a pound and a half of strawberries and half a pound of Logan and Tay berries. Since I was now unable to go to the shops I decided to mixed these newly picked fruits with some of our frozen wine berries and some bilberries to make a mixed berry jam. Just over an hours work produced eight jars of rich red jam which glowed like ruby port when light shone through it.
I was quite satisfied with the afternoons work, the more I can squirrel away for winter the happier I am and these home made jams make handy gifts at Christmas I find.

During a short lull in the storm I popped out to the garden centre to buy a hazel Trellis for my small winter jasmine. I grew this plant from a tiny cutting about two years ago and last autumn I planted it under the front window. Now it is large enough to need support and I hope that soon we shall see its lovely yellow flowers peeping over the window sill during the long winter months.

Twiggy has become a trifle morose on account of the continuing wet weather, this morning I discovered her roosting inside a long cloche to the detriment of the plants which the cloche was there to protect, poor old puss. It took a prolonged fuss and a tasty treat of two to restore her temper, she is now sleeping in an enormous armchair and very cute she looks .

During a lull in the work today I found myself musing about the now outlawed custom of duelling,I do think it a pity that we are no longer allowed to take vengeance upon those who provoke our wrath or damage our family honour by this quaint challenge. I have a couple of candidates in mind tonight and I am a bloody good shot. Do not ask any questions but left to me it would be pistols at dawn for these twerps and I guarantee that by breakfast time we would be to quote Mark Twain “an idiot short!” Perhaps even two. Such were the charming thoughts which occupied my moments of rest today!
I spent quite a time composing my blog for tonight knowing all the while that it could not be published , it was rather controversial, a pity really as it was rather good and the language was quite picturesque.

Dinner tonight was gammon with eggs chips and a home made tomato sauce, the recipe of which I learned from my father who was an excellent cook.
Here is Twiggy come for another cuddle and so I had better oblige, good night every one and good luck to all who may need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment