Thursday 16 June 2011

UP THE DOWN ESCALLATOR


This is the second time I have written this blog as the first time I managed to press the wrong key and deleted my first attempt, And that sums up the quality of today.

For some bizarre reason my son who should be at work tonight has been told to take the night off as his presence is required at a meeting tomorrow morning at around nine, hang on a moment, if he went in to work tonight he would already be there to attend the meeting, that sounds sensible yes?

So why has he been forced to take tonight off and then have to work tomorrow night having been detained at work by the afore mentioned meeting. Surely it would have made more sense to take of Friday evening after the meeting. As it it my son will have to stay awake tonight in order to be able to sleep tomorrow. After torturing himself to stay awake to night he will then be obliged to catch a train in the morning in order to attend the meeting and then catch another train home after the meeting and hopefully get a little sleep before having to catch yet another train to go to work tomorrow night. I do hope that you managed to follow that little lot, the whole idea defies logic if you ask me, but there, it is a management decision, need I say more!

I just hope that “The Management “ understand if on Friday night my son falls asleep at work through sheer exhaustion..
All this malarkey has thrown the house into a state of confusion, my sons sleep routine for his working week is in as indeed is in tatters and tomorrow promises to be much worse, as it is I shall have to cook two breakfasts and two dinners tomorrow and I don,t even work for the blasted company

I am supposed to attend a meeting of the conservation group tomorrow at twelve noon , unfortunately Pa has a Doctors appointment tomorrow morning which clashes with my own.
This is no fault of Pa's, it is entirely due to the fact that Pa had to reschedule his appointment having arrived at the surgery a few days ago to discover that his GP was in a meeting and had neglected to let his patients know that he would be unable to see them, how tire some and how typical; that is.


Even the cat Twiggy had a meeting of sorts this morning, on rounding the corner of the house she came face to face with out fox, both cat and fox almost jumped out of their skins Nd I should say on balance that Twiggy was much less put out the the fox who jumped the wall to escape while Twiggy collected herself , remembered her dignity and stalked off up the garden path with a regal air.

The weather being inclement she has spent a large part of the day roosting in my bedroom, curled up on a fur rug, she is fond of luxury, as are all cats. Twiggy has been known however to take her love of the good life to excess and on chilly winter nights insists upon getting in to bed, right under the covers, and she hogs the hot water bottle too!

The summer pudding that I made yesterday turned out wonderfully and we ate it all up with lots of fresh cream, naughty but irresistible. We began the meal with sticky chicken skewers, bulgar wheat salad, roasted peppers, coleslaw and crispy lettuce from the garden. The marinade is the secret of this recipes success and is as follows.

In to a large bowl put two tablespoons of runny honey
I teaspoon of garlic salt
2 tablespoons of paprika
a pinch of nut meg
a pinch of powdered clove
Juice of 1 lemon
Six twists of black pepper.
Stir the ingredients together and then add two tablespoons of olive oil and stir again
You can add a few strands of saffron if you wish it is nice but I find it rather expensive and the marinade is almost as good without it.
Cut your chicken breasts in to strips and place in the bowl with the marinade, stir and leave for a few hours them thread on to skewers and either grill or cook on a ridged griddle as I do.
I do hope you enjoy it, oh I forgot, you can do the chicken on a barbecue also, but you know my views on the wretched contraptions.

Having spent the day swimming through treacle, paddling madly and achieving very little I am inclined to be rather cross. If there is one thing I hate is is being messed about by other peoples woolly mindedness.
So if any one else, I don't care who they are decides to pox up any more of my week, a gypsies curse lite upon him ,or her, and may the fleas of a thousand camels infest their respective underwear!

No comments:

Post a Comment