Sunday 25 September 2011

ALL RECIPIES GRATEFULLY RECIEVED




Many thanks Liz for the biscuit recipe , I often make savoury biscuits as we all enjoy them with cheese and yours is completely new to me and a very good cure for cooks fidgets. I hope to try the recipe this coming week in time for our Cold meats and cheeses meal on Friday. Pa loves a good savoury biscuit and he is looking forward to trying yours, I shall let you know how I get on.

This has been an odd sort of a day following on from a very odd sort of night. I did not sleep well, nothing strange there but the weird noises from the church yard were so loud that I was obliged to close the bathroom window to get a little peace. Quiet reigned for about half an hour and then in the lane outside our house two young men and a young woman decided to sort our=t there complicated love life with much shouting and recriminations at two thirty this morning. I soon gave up hoping that they would move on and got up to look out of the window and to be brutally honest I can not for the life of me see why the young lady was having such trouble deciding between the two young men as they were both very drunk an unkempt.

The language was rather picturesque too and at time most amusing especially when the taller of the two boys having loudly declared his total faithfulness and undying devotion=ion to his erstwhile lady was obliged to retire to the nearest grid to off load, by the look of it several pints of beer!

Turning my attention to the object of their desire I noticed that the girl appeared to be a sort of scruffy Goth, more than a little pregnant and e=wearing the heaviest pair of biker boots that I have ever seen, These combined with her obvious pregnancy combined with her slight build made her seen somehow fragile and vulnerable and for a moment I was concerned.
Relief can a few moments later when with a mouthful of extremely colourful language she set about the pair of them with her large handbag and shortly after that a taxi arrived and off she went leaving the two chaps nonplussed for a moment and then on brought out a packet of cigarettes, offered one to his late opponent and the pair of them , arms round each others shoulders staggered off up the lane like blood brothers.......it was three fifteen when I returned to my neglected bed.

With a few choice words of my own I gave up at four fifteen and made myself a pot of tea and helped myself to a couple of new baked cookies from the jar I keep in my room,I watched the news for half an hour and them at long last I fell asleep. It seemed that only few moments had passed when my son announced his arrival home with a cheery salutation and a cup of coffee and I was hard pressed to keep my eyes open as he told me about his night at work,I was jolted out of drowsiness at my sons vivid description of a typhoon in Bournemouth. “I knew that would do the trick.” he said with a laugh, he was right it had worked.

Felling tired I made a fast batch of pancakes for breakfast, went for a whiz round the supermarket....fool that I am.... and on my return home dug up the old courgette plants, now looking mildewed and after digging in some compost planted two good rows of broad beans for next spring broad beans are a marvellous vegetable as you can eat the young leaves,the whole pod when the beans are young an small and of course the beans themselves. It has been some years since I grew any as they have a tenancy to attract blackly and do not respond well to our annual March gale which usually leaves them lying flat on the ground and a pray to early slugs. “Have faith .” I said to myself and in they went...fingers crossed!

Tomorrow starts our week off and we have lots of plans, most of which will probably come to naught but it is fun to plan and whatever we do we shall as always be happy just being together company, nothing else is needed.
Have a great week yourselves, keep safe, sleep well and if you can not remember, a few cookies by the bedside are a great comfort in the middle of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment