Thursday 29 September 2011

FUN AND GAMES

OUR ROBBIE
Still wheezing from the paint fumes I awoke this morning to the clanging and scraping of the decorators ladders hitting the wall out side my bedroom window. “Here we go again.”I thought and the day began. I spoke to the painters to tell them that the shrubbery was not being cut back because...wait for it I was not allowed to prune the shrubs myself! I had no idea all these years that I was not allowed to keep my garden tidy, it is very odd.

I had been told that the head gardener would do the job himself. eeeeeeeeeeeeeeK!... he however unwilling to be used as a cats paw twice in a week E mailed me to say that he would not be free to do the job until Monday at the \earliest. The decorators foreman read the message and remarked that he was certain that the job could be done without any of the shrubbery being touched, whereat I groaned loudly and asked what the hell all the fuss had been about!
The whole situation is ludicrous, you could not make it up.

We breakfasted on sultana pikleys with butter and maple syrup and then set about playing catch up on the week, my poor son who is exhausted give up writing after a couple of hours of coughing and spluttering . I talked him into going out in to the garden with a book away from the paint fumes for a couple of hours wishing that I could do the same but the bathroom needed tackling so that was that!

Not content with scrubbing the place to within an inch of its life I had decided to move the furniture about in order to make it more convenient for Pa and it took ages,the result however is good and I am pleased with the result of my labours.

Speaking of Labour , what the heck is Ed Milliband buggering about at, the fact that he manages to make David Cameron look good is quite and achievement in its own right.
Cameron, Clegg, Osborne , what a bunch of Muppets and then there is Ed Milliband. Come back Lembit all is forgiven!! These men are not statesmen like enough to get the country out of the state it is in. The cause is lost.

Inner tonight was roast lamb with potatoes Daupin and a selection of root vegetables served with a rich rosemary gravy....NOT a jus, A pox take all T.V. Chefs except St Floyd God bless him. I am in the process of putting together a box of home made goodies for our newly married friends. They have just moved in to married quarters (he is a bandsman in the Royal Artillery), so it is in the nature of a hose warming gift and I hope to have it ready for collection on Sunday when they come to visit. Every thing but the ginger cake and the chocolate cookies are done so I stand a good chance of getting it finished on time.

My neighbour has asked me to bake him a chocolate log for Christmas this year, when he asked I almost passed out. You may remember last year I told you have many things can go wrong with such a cake. Every year I make one for my son and it gives me the heebee-jeebees, to make one for some one else will probably give me a nervous breakdown, fool that I am I agreed to do it, I must be potty! That means that this year I shall be making a total of five large Christmas cakes of one sort or another and several s,mall one too , the One consolation is that the kitchen will smell wonderful for days.

I am back on the gin and tonic. This is not as bad as it sounds as it is purely medicinal you understand. Having spent the past few weeks covered in the most horrendous mozzie bits I have resorted to drinking gin and tonic to make my less attractive to the little perishers! It really does work, I sat in the garden last night for half and hour with not a single bite to show for it, it is miraculous. Try it if you are a sufferer, if not it is a great excuse for a good drink!
Well folks, my shrubbery and I have survived another day, tomorrow is Friday and the decorators do not work on the weekends so we shall have a little piece and quite, and since Friday is P.O.E.T.S. Day they will I hope knock of work at noon, let us pray!

Stop press....I have just recieved an e mail from our Member of Parliament Mary Macleod's office, she wishes to come and see for herself what is happening in our village...I can't believe it,it is such wonderful news, there have been a lot of loud cheers for the lady this evening,and people feel that at last our voices may be heard, I printed out the e mail and have to keep on reading it, I still can't belive it.

No comments:

Post a Comment