Wednesday 28 September 2011

DOCTORS DISORDERS


Well I kept my appointment with the doctor this morning after all and perhaps it is a good thing I did as my blood pressure was very high . Under the circumstances this came as no surprise but it is rather disquieting as I do not see any possibility of a change in my circumstances in the foreseeable future. I need to relax I am told, the chance would be a fine thing, while we are at war with the ;landlord there can be no improvement .

Have not cut back the shrubbery yet, I have not had the time, to begin with that my doctors surgery was running an hour late and to add insult to injury two large screens in the waiting room exhorted us to be on time for our appointments..which I was......and and advertisement telling us “You are not stuck in traffic, you are the traffic.” Now guess what my G. P’s excuse was for being so late....right in one!

No sooner had I returned than the had a visit from on of the estate employees,he said that he had been sent to keep an eye on the decorators? We had tea and biscuits and a chat, he left at three. Finally, I thought I cant start on the upstairs cleaning...I am only two days behind with this thanks to all the hassle so it;s out with the dusters and on with the polish and what do you know, someone else from the estate knocking on the door. It was after four before I had dealt with him, weary, stressed and in sore need of a drink....and I do not mean tea....I returned to my room to finish the job I had barely begun, this time I made it.

Dinner was griddled gammon steaks flavoured with maple syrup and served with fried potatoes, hot tomato sauce and two eggs each. Having eaten a sketchy breakfast and having had no time for a snack we were ravenous and topped up with bread and butter, scrumptious.

Just as we finished dinner my neighbours returned from the holiday ,they ordered a takeaway and then came round for tea and cookies, what was left of the tomato sauce was soon polished off spread upon large slices of bread and we caught up on what has been happening this week.

Here I sit at my desk happily with a large gin and tonic......God help me if my G.P finds out!
I am totally shattered and the whole house reeks of paint, to which both my son and myself are allergic. Coughing and wheezing we have had to resort to our inhalers and my throat aches , I might have another G and T tonight, bugger the cocoa!

No comments:

Post a Comment