Friday 23 September 2011

UNFORESEEN CIRCUMSTANCES


Late last night I received a telephone call from the secretary of our conservation group informing me that there was to be a meeting of the committee today at twelve noon.....very short notice”! After telling her that I would do my best to attend I went into a flat spin as Friday is one of my busy baking days . I was too tired even to worry about the matter and fell into a pain free sleep until four in the morning.

Much rested I got up early and by eight thirty was busy bread making after which I gave Pa a light breakfast of cereal and a pot of tea, organised my paperwork and got myself out in good time for the meeting. I shall not bore you with all the petty details but we did cover some valuable ground and made plans for future fund raising events inducing, we hope a celebrity, guest... and I mean a real from the world of wildlife and as many local politicians as we can muster. I t is good to have ambition I think.

The meeting broke up in good time and I congratulated ,yself as I cooked lunch for Pa and I at one thirty on having the afternpoon free to do the rest of the baking...I spoke too soon for almost as soon as the fatal words slipped from my lips a bang an the door heralded the arrival of a guest. “Oh botheration.”I said and “Oh blow.”..well something along those lined , I opened the door and realiswed that this was the end of my cooking for the day.

By the time our guest deprted there was barely time to prepare our evening meal of home baked pizza and salad but all was well and the meal passed withot incident, except that while eating it I acquired three more mozzie bites...I look is if I have the plague as I am covered in large purple raised spots about the size of a twenty pence piece and do they itch? Yes they do!

Basking all day in the Autumn sunshine my happy little cat spent the whole afternoon asleep on one of our cat nip plants,to her very great delight and it's detriment, really I am sure it will never be the same again. She has just arrived in my room and is sitting by the window looking out over her domain, mistress of all she surveys and mighty pleased with life.

Today has been reletively pain free and although the last few days have left me feeling frail I am sure that another good nights sleep will make all the difference in the world. The repair to my sons jacket, by the way, turned out quite well, I did not manage to match the grain of the leather but the colour is good and you cannot tell that the was a hole there , my son is happy so all is well.

Puss is now pleading for a fuss, at the moment she is asking nicely, should I fail to comply with her request she will without a doubt sit squarely upon the computer key board and there will be an end,I know my duty, goodnight all.

No comments:

Post a Comment