Monday 5 December 2011

UPGRADED




Now that my sons new computer has been installed I am the proud owner of his old lap top. In fact it is not very old at all as he purchased it just a few days before I got my net book,and while I have loved having the little thing I have been finding it increasingly difficult to used.
The problem is caused by the smallness of the keyboard and my arthritis, the combination is not a good one. The bigger key board is much easier to use and my typing speed is also faster. I shall not be able to store it in my bureau as it will not fit but as it also plays DVDs I shall keep it on the cupboard next to my bed ,it will mean that shall be able to pop in a disc without having to get out of bed, very handy on a cold winters night.

My son had great fun setting up his new computer and I must say it is amazing, he also put up his small Christmas tree and then dusted his room, now he is all set for a week of fun and games. I am getting used to my new lap top which is nothing like my little net book,I think that it may take a while!

I needed to bake five loaves today so after our breakfast of hot buttered potato cakes I set to work. We needed two split tin loaves and a crusty cross cut loaf and I also made two large bloomers, one for y neighbour and another for my friend at the garden centre. I delivered her loaf hot from the oven and afterwards bought some fat balls for the birds, more gift wrap and some candles.
I had not realised how cold it was outside although I had admired the frost this morning, the wind felt icy but I was wrapped up warmly and for once had not forgotten my gloves. Until this week the berries on the hawthorns, ivy and most of the rose hips have remained intact but now that it has turned cold I noticed the blackbird enjoying the berries on our phyracantha this morning . Soon now the Fieldfares and the Redwings will arrive and then the bushes will be stripped of their jewel bright fruits in no time at all.

We have had such a happy day even though we are all rather tired,and we have much to look forward to this week. Pa has his birthday on Saturday and I am cooking him a special dinner.
We have some games planned and a couple of fright nights. There is also a meeting to attend on Friday, the first of our new much larger conservation group. I have been unable to attend to these matters recently but my son has taken over for me and is doing a wonderful job writing to recalcitrant officials and firing broadsides at the planning department!

When I look about me I always feel how very lucky I am,I have my family, my pretty cottage , my gardens and of course my little cat. We have such fun together and care so much for each other that I feel blessed whenever I think about it. We have so much, I wish that everyone could be so lucky. Now that the planning department has thrown out the estates plans to build houses on our kitchen garden it looks as if we shall have at least another year and perhaps more if it is decided that building on the land is inappropriate. It is enough for now that we can have our Christmas without the imminent threat of bulldozers early in the new year.

Tomorrow I have a guinea fowl to roast and more cards to write, but for tonight the work is done, my tired but happy son is fast asleep and Pa and I shall soon follow his example.
I think that there will be a frost tonight,as it has become chilly and the stars look sharp and hard against the clear sky. Time to snuggle up in bed, goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment