Thursday 26 December 2013

A BOXING DAY “WHO DONE IT?”


                               

A lovely lazy breakfast of freshly griddled potato cakes followed a long lazy lie in,even the cats seemed sleepy this morning and the atmosphere was relaxed and happy.

With the even happier prospect for me of a no cook dinner consisting of cold turkey, cold gammon,pate ,pork pie and salad, we decided to play some games during the afternoon. Cluedo and Boggle were chosen and with cups of hot coffee and a couple of boxes of chocolates to hand we began our afternoon of fun.

Cluedo is a game which can be very funny,all that flap lifting makes keeping a straight face difficult at times. We progressed around the board collecting clues and murder cards and it was not long before I knew the weapon with which the murder had been committed. I was doing really well and soon had another full set of flaps on the beige card and it was at this time that I realised that something was amiss.

Earlier I had ascertained that the murder weapon was a dagger, now it seemed I had another murder weapon....a spanner!!!!! Feeling foolish I assumed that I had written down a clue in the wrong box and the boys had a good laugh as I wasted time double checking my information.

By this time I knew where the murder was committed and I knew the murder weapon/s. The boys thought they had the answers and decided to have a go at deduction,while I cursed my luck but took a guess any way.

The first set of flaps were opened and confirmed my own findings that the murder weapon was a dagger,I had also accurately guessed the location of the dirty deed. Then came the identity of the murderer and as the flaps were lifted and the hidden card released it showed,not the murderer but another murder weapon.

Now it was my turn to crow as my red faced son admitted his mistake when placing the cards into their cases. We were destined never to know Who done it!

You may imagine the amusement this error caused and my son knows the he will never be allowed to forget his mistake,so put about was he that \I almost beat him at “Boggle” a think not known before.

We ate dinner in a ,merry mood and there was much banter about the afternoons amusements. More games are planned for the next few days. Carcasonne,Puerto Rico ,Guillotine ,Settlers of Catane ,not to mention card games,just the way we like to spend our holiday.

Tomorrow I intend to have an even lazier day than today,I shall rest while I can,all too soon I shall be back to working at full stretch again, so for now I intend to be a very lazy Avie. Very lazy indeed!

2 comments:

  1. If no card is there, you know the rule

    the butler did it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bugger,i shpuld have thought of that!

    ReplyDelete