Tuesday 3 December 2013

FUN AND GAMES IN THE KITCHEN






Yesterday my lovely new oven arrived and was fitted by the time I returned form the Doctors surgery, in the end I got an appointment by picketing the front desk until my G P came out .

He saw me at once and was not best pleased by what had happened, the cause of my allergic reaction is still a mystery but it seem more than likely that one of the new drugs is the bad guy!

Back to the cooker, it looks perfect ,much nicer than the last on and it does seem to work very well for I made a batch of mince pies,jam tarts and cheese straws in order to put it through its paces. With Christmas so close at hand a new cooker can take a little time to get used to as they all have their foibles, and it,s better to find them out now rather than under combat conditions at Christmas dinner time!

Yesterday evening I was so tired that I fell asleep during tea, the boys insisted on an early night for me for which I was very thankful indeed.

Having slept better than I have in days I hopped to be full of energy today.....not so! Nor was I the only sleepy head in the house,my son had a tremendous struggle just trying to wake up and Pa was almost late for a hospital appointment ,although that happens so often that it usually goes without remark!

Not feeling like our planned walk to Richmond we decoded to play games instead,I made a big bowl of vegetable crisps using beetroot,carrot,and parsnip, we also opened a box of chocolates and for the next few hours we drank rum and coffee while playing cards first and then Ludo. Today Pa won.

I believe this sleepiness is due to lack of light and even the cats seem to be affected by it as the three of them spent today lounging about the house stirring only for an occasional bite to eat.

It has been a lovely day,we always enjoy our games and look forward to the quiet times when such pursuits are possible.
I have some nice Plaice fillets for dinner,these with some chips, garden peas and a lemon sauce will suite us very well.


Afterwards I shall join the cats and laze around until it is time to sleep .and that I feel will be sooner rather than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment