Friday 27 December 2013

MORE CHRISTMAS GIFTS AND A CHANGE OF PLAN




None of us slept well last night,the wind howled and the rain lashed the house with such violence that it penetrated the window frames and soaked the curtains. My son and I sat drinking coffee at three in the morning and Pa sat sketching track plans for his new railway.

Just before daylight the wind abated slightly and at last we slept........it was almost noon by the time we were all up,dressed and ready for breakfast.

A knock at the door produced the usual huge pile of bumf and also ,much nicer .a parcel for me containing two lovely tops ,a present from Pa which did not arrive in time for Christmas day. The next surprise was a truly gorgeous fur collar, a gift from my son which he had squirrelled away months ago and completely forgotten about.

I tried on the fur snood which is made of soft fur in a variety of colours I loved it at once and decided to have a ride on the buggy giving me an excuse to wear it,of course. Warm ans snug it was everything I had hoped it would be and kept my ears warm.

After several days of rich food we decided that tonight we should have a pasta meal, crab and prawns in a light cream sauce with lots of lovely basil,it was a good choice and we all enjoyed it very much.

No wandering about getting buffeted in the post Christmas greed feste known as the post Christmas sales although I did pop out for some apple juice for my son. He has been rather fidgety during the past week and has decided to begin his next book tomorrow rather than on New Years Day,considering all things I think he is very wise to do so.

This month is set to be his best yet for sales. With four days to go he is only two sales away from topping his best sales figure,the five star reviews are still coming in at a steady rate and his position in the best sellers list is rising,needless to say he is very happy.

This time last year he had it all to do,now he is a successful writer with with a growing reputation for great fiction and best of all he is earning a good living doing something he loves,as a mother I ask no more for him than his happiness.

My pride in him,knows no bounds, his courage in leaving a steady well paid job to launch himself in to the abyss of Authorship and his steely determination to succeed has impressed more than his immediate family and his hard work has indeed translated in to well deserved triumph.

He has some amazing and exciting new projects in the planning stage for next year, and one thing is certain,life is never dull when he is around.








No comments:

Post a Comment