Monday 9 December 2013

PA'S OPERATION LATEST





                                                  OFFICIAL BULLETIN

Day three and all seems to be going well, Pa is now able to walk on sticks which is an important step...if you will pardon the pun...to being allowed to come home. The physiotherapists are giving the old boy no peace and he even has to exercise while in bed.

It has always amazed me how compliant Pa is with nurses,doctors and such like,should I try to get him to do half the things they are getting out of him I should certainly be called a: a torturer b: a sadist or c: a sadistic torturing camp commandant!
These ladies are treated to a “butter wouldn't melt” smile. People are always telling me what a sweet man he is. After over forty years of marriage I know exactly what sort of a man he is ….........

Actually he has been very brave and we are very proud of the old chap ,he can be an old bugger at times but he is our old bugger and we love him.

My son did not visit hospital today as we were both in need of a break as well as the fact that we want the house to be perfect when Pa returns. Yesterday, while attempting to further this aim I took a bad fall and being alone in the house made it difficult as I could not get back on to my feet.

On hour later ,by which time I was frozen stiff I managed to pull myself back indoors and eventually ,using the monks bench as a stabilizer I got to my feet at last. By the time ,my son returned the bruises very beginning to show and I had become very stiff and sore. Last night was rotten.

Today the good news from Pa has done much to lighten the gloom and we have hopes of him being allowed home before the weekend.

To morrow is Pa's birthday and my son will visit him taking in cards and gifts,chocolate and a box of his favourite home made cookie baked this morning in honour of the day.

The house looks lovely with winter curtains at the windows and feels warmer too.
We have a feast planned for the birthday boy once he is home,I am not sure my oven is big enough for roasting the thing,perhaps we should make a spit in case.











No comments:

Post a Comment