Tuesday 1 June 2010

STUCK UP AND SOAKING WET


Well the weather forecast was correct for once, it rained all day and it was very muggy into the bargain. I was awakened at the crack of dawn by my darling son ,who had just arrived home from work Besides the usual welcome cup of tea which he always makes for me he exhibited a small piece of tooth which had detached itself during the night..There was also a corresponding hole where the fragment had been .I was still very sleepy, not having had the usual,more gentle awakening however as soon as I could manage to prop one eye open I displayed as much parental concern as was humanly possible, and promised to make an appointment for him with the dentist ASAP. This proved rather tricky as we could not remember the name of his dentist. The print in the yellow pages was so small that it defeated me utterly. Then I remembered the internet and about an hour after my son had retired to his repose I found their name and number and made the promised appointment breakfast was rather late, I shall say no more.

I was glad that I picked the gooseberries yesterday as I was able to make the jam without getting wet,my triumph however was short lived. After making the jam and during a lull in the awful weather I decided to go for a breath of fresh air, the kitchen had become rather steamy and I and my clothes dreadfully sticky so I changed my clothes and off I went. No sooner had I reached the river the the rain began again in earnest,so I managed ten minutes out side and gained nothing but a load of wet washing,a plentiful enough commodity at the best of times.

This has not been the best of days,but there is always tomorrow. My cat Twiggy and I spent time watching young starlings leaning to feed themselves ,the exasperation of the parent birds was tangible. They have my sympathy.


No comments:

Post a Comment