Thursday 3 November 2011

THE DAY BEFORE TOMORROW


Sleep eluded me for the greater part of last night but that gave me a little more time to sort out the mass of paper work necessary for to
morrows meeting. When finally I did drop off my dreams were so alarming that I was glad to wake up again. I had planned to clean the bathroom and wash my hair early in the morning but as it happened I had no opportunity to do so until much later. The men of the house were smitten with the kind of trouble that necessitates frequent trips to the bathroom and it was close to twelve before I got the chance to do the cleaning by which time I too was suffering from the same condition as the boys.

The phrase “keep calm and carry on”kept on running through my brain and it was rather like a carry on film in fact. With the bathroom cleaned and no hope at all of it staying that way I prepared the vegetables for dinner and prepared the down stairs rooms for tomorrow as well as I could. Pa did some dusting and I went out to borrow some chairs, all the while thinking “Why the hell do I get myself in to this sort of mess.”Answer came there none!

In the end we managed to make most of the changes needed to accommodate the members and I even found the time to complete the banishing spell , I have no wish to harm this person you understand, I just want the nasty individual as far away from my family and myself as possible, and I am not alone in this desire. If it must be so it will be so.

How dark and gloomy the day has been and what a contrast from the bright sunshine of a few days ago,still the warmth is pleasant if unusual for the time of year. The lane is full of leaves and the orchard likewise. My little cat never tires of chasing them, she as forgiven my for confiscating her rat yesterday although I was persona non grata for hours after the event. She sulks as only a wronged cat can sulk, every fibre of her being down to the last whisker displayer her disapproval and her indignation. Several hours of stroking and blandishments of all sorts were necessary to restore me to favour.

We are lucky enough to have some wonderful Cumberland sausages at the moment and I decided to make bangers and mash with onion sauce, apple gravy and mashed swede for dinner. This meal is a favourite with all of us and at this time of year I cook it often as both the vegetables and the sausages are at their best. Even Twiggy ha a sausage for her dinner, she adores them, failure to save one for her causes one of her sulks and twice in one week is too much believe me!

I think that now I shall light some scented candles in the bathroom and burn some incense, run a warm bath and relax for half an hour, that is unless some one hammers urgently upon the door, it seems that the old saying about the wicked getting no peace could well be true.

No comments:

Post a Comment