Thursday 17 November 2011

TROUBLE AT AVIES


A combination of pain and the insistence of my family has resulted in my being confined to bed, so violent was the pain that I had little choice to begin with and a return of the pain last night I am convinced that the boys are right and so I am behaving my self and doing as I am told. It is hard to do this when I see how tired my son is and I know how Pa is struggling while having to manage by himself all day while my son is asleep.
One thing is certain , I must get back on my feet as soon as possible and if that means a few days in bed then so be it.

Of course things are getting difficult as I am unable to bake at the moment and that means
shop bought bread a foul substance disliked by us all and the cooking is being done by the boys between them and so is of a rudimentary nature. They do not complain bless them but I know how much they dislike pre prepared food.

Had this happened next week it would not have been quite so bad as my son will have a go at most things in the kitchen, as it is we must just soldier on as best we can. I have been on the verge of going in to hospital several times in the last couple of days but again with my son away all night it is not possible to leave Pa alone, it is a case of Murphy's Law as the last time this happened my son was on nights.

By lunch time today an infection had set in and now I really was in trouble as these infections can worsten rapidly and are very serious for me. In desparation I called my Doctor and asked for a prescription for anti biotics, I had little hope that he would do so but to my surprise he wrote it out at once but made me promise to call him tomorrow or go to hosplital if I became worse during the night. Thank heavens he was one of the Doctors who knows our siti-uation and understood about Pa .My kind neighbour picked it up for me and also made me some chicken soup, people like him are all too scarce in these times.

I hope now that the pain will not return and that by tomorrow I will at least be able to potter about a little and to be truthful I am not sure that I could withstand another bout of pain without stronger pain relief than I have at home.

Through out my time in bed my little cat has been with me almost the whole time,she knows instinctively when one of us is not well and is a good companion as she is so quiet. I have been curled up around a hot water bottle since Monday night and she has at times enjoyed the residual warmth through the bed covers.

Pa ordered fish and chips for dinner tonight and I managed to eat a little of the fish which was very nice and fresh. My poor boys are having a rotten week yet they are behaving like heroes helping where they can and keeping things ticking over and I am so very thankful for the way they have pulled together to look after me. I shall make it up to them once I am up and about again you wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment