Sunday 13 November 2011

A HOMECOMMING


After what turned out to be a difficult journey my son is home from his week in Derbyshire.
He arrived a four in the after noon and you can imagine the welcome that he received, even Twiggy was on hand to see her boy come home.

We chatted away like anything and hugged and hugged for ages,it is great to have him home. We all had gifts for each other, Pa had a book about Derbyshire’s steam railways, I had a beautiful mug and coaster decorated with a robin, the coater can be used as a lid so it will be perfect when I am gardening as it will keep the bugs out of my tea.

It has seemed a very long day, but then quite a lot has happened, beginning with breakfast, rather later than planned as Pa was sleepy this morning and would not get up. I visited the garden centre for a breath of air before tackling the ironing, in among the masses of fancy goods there was a door stop in the shape of a mouse dressed ins sweater, I fell in love with it when I first saw it three weeks ago. Every time I have been to the garden centre I have visited the mouse, picked it up, stroked it's ears , looked at the price and reluctantly put it back on the stand.

A few days ago I received my Garden Centre Voucher and I was going to spend them of Christmas chocolates today but first I went to visit my mouse..........it had gone! I was really sad, there were hedgehogs, owls, cats, all sorts of animal door stops but of my mouse there was no sign. I realised that I had been a fool not to buy it and turned sadly away from the stand, some thing made me go back again and I moved a couple of large dachshund draught excluder s.....there peeping out at me was my mouse and this time I put it in my basket,I had not realised just how much I wanted the cute little thing. I seldom give way to such impulses,but today I could not resist any more.

It shall be a Christmas present to myself and a jolly useful one since we are fond of having the windows and doors open it will stop the inevitable slamming of my bedroom door, when my son is attempting to sleep, and besides it really is cute.

Dinner was a splendid meal and we have all my sons adventures to listen to while he ate his chicken pomodori and Pa and I tucked into oxtail stew served with mashed potato, carrot and parsnips followed by iced cream. My son loves to go off by himself and it does him good to get away from all the stress of work and the difficulties that Living with invalids can create and yet he is always so very glad to come home again to all the creature comforts and home cooking, life is always fun when he is around.

Tomorrow he returns to work poor darling, back to the sweat shop as 't were, at least he seems more relaxed at the moment and there is always Christmas to look forward to. For now we are a family again and each of us is stronger for it,next week can take care of itself. Goodnight all and I wish you as happy an evening as my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment