Thursday 24 November 2011

OUT AND ABOUT AGAIN


This morning for the first time I woke feeling properly rested and stronger than I have for days. With returning confidence I made so porridge for breakfast it seemed ages since I made breakfast for the boys. While waiting for the grocery delivery I prepared the vegetables for our dinner of pot roast beef, roast potatoes. Yorkshire puddings ,carrots parsnips, and mushy peas. This may sound complicated but really it is very easy and a good choice for return to proper cooking.

The groceries arrived on time and with a very helpful driver, my son packed away the goodies and cleaned out the refrigerator, he is very handy about the house these days. Pa fed the birds, quite a task as we have a great many feeders to fill.

I was rather tired after all that and so I had an hours rest before tackling the bathroom cleaning and although I did not manage to do my usual turn out if looked good and I was pleased with the result.

Dinner was a lovely meal the food was good and we were all so happy, the boys are touchingly glad to see me up and dressed for the first time in ages and I wanted so much to reassure them that all would be well. They have been so worried and have had a pretty thin time of things as far as meals are concerned.

I took a steaming hot bath while the boys washed up and then we watched and episode of “Come Dine With Me”. Thank the Gods for an almost normal day.

I know that I shall have to be careful and I shall be sensible and not get too tired but with luck I shall be well enough to give my boys the great Christmas they deserve. I have a couple of tests next week but other than that I hope to do some catching up on my Christmas preparations and decorate the tree. For now I am off to bed tired but very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment