Friday 18 November 2011

FINGERS CROSSED


I think I have been lucky this time,thanks to a sensible doctor, a good neighbour and my lovely boys. It's early days but with luck I shall be back on my feet soon, one thing however is certain now I shall be dealing with this problem for some time to come.

I must say I have every sympathy with Samuel Peypes the famous restoration diarist who like me suffered from “The Stone”. The poor man had his surgically removed, a procedure too awful to contemplate without anaesthetic. So great was his relief that each year for the remainder of his life he threw a party to celebrate his relief from “The Stone”.

In these time the usual treatment is Lythotripsy, the firing of sound waves in to the stone through the body while the patient lies in a shallow pool of water. I have to tell you that this treatment is very painful but in comparison with the pain caused by the movement of kidney stones it is a stroll in the park. My main problem is that I have damage to the kidneys already and the infections such as the one which flared up so quickly yesterday can be and eight year ago almost was fatal. The attacks are becoming more frequent but I hope to stay out of hospital with care and common sense.

I must be feeling better as I am beginning to fret about all the jobs I have been unable to do this week, that coupled with the tired faces of my boys will soon have me up and about I hope.
I shall cook them a special dinner as soon as I feel better, they really do deserve a treat. At this time of year I am usually busy preparing goodies for Christmas and I had meant to decorate the main tree this week, oh well It is no use worrying, all will be well I am sure.

There was an odd little incident last night and I confess that it has me baffled. In there middle of the night my Mobile Telephone signalled that someone had left a voice mail, newly awake and groggy in consequence I listened to the message which consisted of a gaggle of confused voices and loud sirens, ambulance perhaps or fire engine[ Still with the fog of sleep in my brain I called my son at work thinking that perhaps the building was on fire. I frightened the poor soul badly as he thought that he was being called because I had taken a turn for the worse. I still have no idea who the kind soul was who woke me which is perhaps as well.

Twiggy is still camped out in my room keeping me company and enduring with me the horrors of daytime television,if ever there was an incentive to get better quickly this must surely be it.

I observe that Sepp Blatter has put his foot in his mouth again,time for a change...probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment