Wednesday 23 November 2011

THE DAYS DRILL


Immediately after breakfast this morning my son went off to the Dentist to have a tooth filled,not the most pleasant way to begin the day but at least the appointment was a morning one . The filling was in a tricky spot and the dentist had much ado to get the drill into the correct position. There followed a scale and polish which is no ones favourite pass time but by twelve all was done and my boy was home soon after. He is very brave about dentists, I however quake at the thought!

Pa headed out to the shops for a few essentials and I lazed about in bed ,very tired today as I did not sleep at all well last night. It is sometimes almost a pleasure to lie awake during he night, especially when one is warm and comfortable and in no pain so I did not mind too much. My problem at the moment is that the more rest and sleep I get the more tired I seem to become and I want so much to be up and about again.

My mother telephoned today to tell me how poorly my brother is,he has a chest cold and is refusing to take time off work which worries my mother enormously, poor darling, I cheered her up by reminding her that it will soon be her birthday and she has some lovely gifts to open, how glad I am that I got them to the post before I became ill. I sent her some snug fleece pyjama and my son sent a wool cardigan with a fur collar, well she is eighty seven and so must be kept snug.

Pa was gone for ages and we almost got ready a search party by the time he returned. I hate having to spend him to the shops as he is always gone for hours even if he is only going to the village and he usually returns with the wrong items no matter how comprehensive the list, today we had no choice and the usual performance took place. I have a theory that he stay out so long so thank we are so glad so see him return safe and sound that we forget to scold him over the useless purchases. I once sent him to the village for three items of grocery, he returned with two bags full of shopping which included not one of the items we required.,

Our meal tonight is to be macaroni cheese ,in case my sons mouth is still sore with a side dish of garlic and tomato bread if he can manage it by then and perhaps a salad. I should be able to manage a cheese sauce without too much trouble and it will be nice to do a little cooking.

I am being sensible and doing as I am told, the idea of any return of the dreadful pain of last week I too awful to contemplate and this close too Christmas I have much more pleasant plans than lying about in bed or worse, in hospital. In the mean time it is lovely to be snug indoors with my boys and my little cat,my world has once again become very small indeed but this time I hope not for too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment