Friday 7 September 2012

A NORMAL DAY





Thank the Gods for a “normal” day,a day when nothing much has happened,no alarms,no excursions ;just normal!


Last night we had late visitors,a thing which I try at all hazard to avoid although in this instance it was lovely to see our young friends and hear their news. Unfortunatly their visit coincided with my having taken a large dose of codeine so the by the time they had been with us for an hour I was propping my eyes open ( among other things the stuff makes me sleepy).

Luckily they did not stay long but my poor condition must have caused concern as early this morning the young ladies father arrived to make sure I was alright, and I was,a little high perhaps(another side effect of too much pain relief).

First thing this morning I took the mountain of advice about the recent weird goings on and called the Community Police. The internet gave two numbers for our local bobbies,I rang the first number,it rang four times and the cut me off. I rang the second number which did exactly the same thing,so I sent them an email......I am still awaiting their reply,,,I must say for Community Police they certainly make themselves damned exclusive,no one has seen hide nor hair of any of them for months

Their web site dose display four lovely photographs of the hansom chaps so that if I see them about I shall know who they are,in the mean time my son is talking of putting up surveillance cameras!

I am convinced it must be some one local as they seem to know when my son is at work and they always seem to strike after I have turned in,which suggests that they can see the light in my room.

In spite of being slowed down by the tablets I made five loaves ,five and a half dozen raisin cookies and three pints of damson gin today. I had hoped to make a batch of damson jam but I ran out of time. Yes it was nice to have a normal day for a change.

After such a busy day I made the boys omelettes for dinner,three eggs each and topped with ham cheese and mushrooms,these massive omelettes served with new bread and salad went down well. I had some egg sandwiches,for some reason I just did not feel hungry.

Our little cat Twiggy is enjoying the late sunshine and is spending every day following the shade around the garden, rolling about in the cat mint bushes and chasing bees. She loves these warm days and nights and it is difficult to make her come in to the house at night and with all the trouble we have been having we no longer feel able to leave a window open for her.

Leaving her out all night seems risky too with heaven knows who messing about outside!

Weekend tomorrow ,a quiet one I hope and for you all I wish a happy one.

Oh,one more thing,The Ides of September have been cancelled!



No comments:

Post a Comment