Thursday 27 September 2012

OUR PLANS GO AWRY






I shall not regale you with the old quotation we know so well,even though it does sum up the tenner if the day perfectly . The reason for my reticence is simply that I am irritated beyond measure at the constant use of the same hackneyed phrases day in and say out. Let us for an instance take a single television programme broadcast this morning,which I watched while drinking my morning coffee.


During the coarse of this dreadful programme the two presenters managed to use many of the most over worked phrases of all time. While buying a house they, “went on a journey”were “on a learning curve” while “going on a roller-coaster ride”. Hey were “ gutted”, “devastated”'but later felt “epic”. What a load of tosh!!!!!

years ago my hero Mark Twain wrote about similar abuses in his time the referral of human experience to”Life’s page” for example. I know I go on about this but what about a little originality.

In these times to be devastated can mean anything from having lost everything in a fire or an earthquake to having missed and episode of EastEnders,in other words it means nothing. When people cannot tell the difference between being a trifle upset from being totally distraught I think that they must lack the experience to know what the difference is.

Speaking for myself I am neither distraught,nor an I devastated by all this nonsense,I am just very,very pissed off!!!!!! Rant over! Back to the day.

The day which should have gone like clockwork went “ ass up”quite early on. The meat delivery ( a small one containing some steak and kidney,a large joint of brisket on the bone and some rabbit) was late and not correct, we discovered that Pa had a hospital appointment tomorrow which meant that we would have to do our fresh veg shopping today rather than leave the house empty tomorrow when we are expecting several deliveries.

Late in the day we set out managing to miss the rain for a change, we whizzed around the shops and returned with fresh fruit,veg and fish only to discover that Pa had slept the whole time we were gone and as a consequence the birds had not been fed and the kitchen bins were still full.

Dinner was late again and tempers rather frayed. Pa came through bless him washing up the dishes and tiding the kitchen. I own that I have felt unwell all day ,light headed and dizzy, I shall be fine in the morning with luck.

What an old grouch I am today,sorry folks, I hope to be back to normal tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment