Sunday 2 September 2012

GOING ON




After the trauma of yesterday's disclosure and the frantic letter writing which followed ,and the sleepless night which followed that we were all ready for a break. My son's friends arrived for a long game of Civilisation, Pa rummaged about in his model railway cupboard and I went to a house sale held by a friend who is shortly to leave the area.


I picked up some vintage railway magazines and some model kits for Pa and lots of lovely books for me as well as some pretty jewellery and some old Terra cotta pots. Unfortunately this distraction did not keep me busy for long and I was soon bashing away at the key board again searching the internet for any information which could help our cause,

All through the night my mind kept on flashing images of the orchard in spring, full of crocus,primrose and bluebells in their seasons. Visions of the glorious fruit blossom and the sight and sound of a million bees busy in the branches of the old fruit trees.

Tall rows of scarlet runners in full flower ,squashes glowing in the autumn sunshine and when I finally thought of the bird boxes which would be destroyed an how upset Twiggy would be to lose her playground I admit that I cried bitterly for quite a long time.

No matter how I tried not to dwell on it I found it impossible,I could have more easily ignored a toothache as I sat in my bed staring out over the dark orchard listening to the foxes play fighting and knowing all the time that their home would soon be destroyed. I felt a complete wuss. In the early ours of the morning I bathed my face to remove the signs of tears, as I left the bathroom I met my son on the landing tired eyed and worried. Damn these developers, soulless, heartless, money grubbing people that they are.

Some how we all got through the day and by evening when I served our dinner of beef cobbler all we could talk about was what to do next.

I have privately made up my mind that if they come with bulldozers to demolish the garden they will have to drive over me2 , I mean to chain me and my scooter and to the apple tree and oblige them to carry both it and me from the field of battle. They had better bring a policeman with them as I do not mean to go quietly.

I will go to prison if necessary ,a stand must be made, the wealthy and powerful must not be allowed to get away with such acts by de fault,the local authority,always in cahoots with the fat cats must be shown up for the chisellers they are. What ever it takes I will do.

If we allow every little green space to be built on by those already disgustingly rich what will be left for our children and their children. And when every bit of land is built upon,what then?
I hope for a favourable out come,the alternative is to painful to contemplate.

No comments:

Post a Comment