Thursday 6 September 2012

WE WAIT




The ides of September are upon us and I suspect that before the month is out there will be much ado! At home we await replies from the countless people to whom we have appealed for help in saving our garden,to a man the Green Party have professed themselves not interested in local conservation matters, the London Assembly members for our area are not interested in local matters ,only the conservative members have so far responded to our request with offers of help.

I wrote a stinging letter to the new leader of the Green Party ,Natalie Bennett this afternoon informing her that I saw no reason for the existence of her party if it refused to tackle green issues at a local level,I await a reply.

Worryingly the fight appears to be getting dirty,during the past few weeks our wheel barrow was stolen ,then the shed was turned upside down, later we discovered that a number of tools were missing. After hearing noises during the night I discover next morning that one of the brand new tyres on my scooter has been punctured, however the latest bit of vandalism is the worst.

I decided to strim a couple of paths this afternoon, I was unable to do so because some one had cut the fuel pipes clean through.

Of course I cannot prove who did these things but it does not take Miss Marple to work out who has a vested interest in ensuring that I cannot work in the garden, there have been too many coincidences. I attempted to cut the orchard pathways with shears,fool that I am, I fear shall regret this act of desperation for many days to come.

Now I am worried that if we do manage to get someone to inspect the ground they will think that we do not look after it well,it is a bummer and no mistake!

We now have lots of lovely damsons ready to be picked,already my freezers are filling up with these delicious little fruits. As they ripen they become quite sweet aand no use for jam making as the pectin level drops,they do however make wonderful chutney and are lovely in fruit tarts,cobblers and crumbles. Years ago before we had a freezer I would bottle about thirty pounds of damsons a year.,quite a job with all the sterilising but worth it to have the fruit to eat during the winter months

Now I freeze many pounds of fruit and the rest goes in to chutney or they are steeped for three months in gin to make a delicious liqueur,a delicacy which our friends enjoy every Christmasptemb

My son has to leave work early for a meeting tonight, I just hope the manger who ordered this bothers to turn up on time...or indeed at all which is not often the case. We shall see? What is he coming in for anyway? As I said earlier the ides of September are upon us.



No comments:

Post a Comment