Tuesday 18 September 2012

NOTHING ADO!




There is something so comfortable about spending the morning in a warm kitchen when the weather turns chill,as it has today. I had the house to myself for a couple of hours,Pa out and about and my son safely tucked up in bed.


I made a chocolate brioche pudding to be served at dinner with chocolate cream sauce. The meat sauce ans the white sauce for tonight’s lasagne and prepared the garlic bread,by which time the kitchen smelled wonderfully.

Before Pa arrived home the shopping arrived,early this week as Pa and I both have hospital and other business to bother about later on. Once again I was amazed at the strange things offered as a substitution for items which are out of stock. For example, instead of 12 litres of milk they sent twelve half litres? Instead of pasta shells we received gniocci? Instead of cider vinegar a bottle of, strong cider????? Then for a grand finale instead of pudding rice we were regaled with a kilo of basmati rice...not the same thing at all.

Thankfully the delivery man who had ,bless him, helped me to unpack took the offending articles away and gave me a refund.....nice man,not all are as helpful as he.

Somehow during the afternoon I ran out of steam, still I managed to finish the days chores,get dinner ready on time and even made a special sauce of hot chocolate cream to go with the chocolate brioche pudding. 

My son is in the shower,Pa is pottering about downstairs and in a few hours I shall be snuggled up with the cat,I am so sleepy, tonight might just be one of the few when I actually sleep, I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment