Tuesday 11 September 2012

VERY SATISFACTORY





This has been a good day, right from the start congratulations poured in by text,email and telephone.


Other members of the committee called to say how pleased they were to have the Chairman everyone had hoped for. Speaking as a mother I must say that I feel very proud that my son its so well thought of in the community and that he is considered trustworthy by so many people.

As it turned out last night almost everyone there deserved a place on the committee but it had been agreed in advance by all to keep the committee small so no on minded too much, and after all there is always next year.

While my son went off to photograph the park for the next project I toured the village taking down the posters so recently deployed. Now and then, someone stopped me to ask how the meeting went or to send their congratulations to my son.

The existence of our group has not only given the Local Authority a shake; for many years there has been a local group purporting to be the guardians of the village. When I first began to fight to save our Graveyard I wrote to them several times and each time was given to understand that their society took no interest in trees in the graveyard or else where. Suddenly they are taking quite a tender interest in the local greenery and we even had one of their members at the meeting last night.

The jury is out as to her reason for attending - some say she is trustworthy, others think that she is a ringer,for myself I am aware that on two separate occasions she has claimed for her group the credit for our success and has gone so far as to say so in the local press.

I feel that perhaps the old guard are threatened by our much more vigorous group, and the fact that in the last two years we have, in real terms, done more for the village than they have in the last twenty! If I sound a little waspish, then think of this – if the 'Old Guard' had been doing the job they profess to do, then why are we having to show them how it's done? Good question – don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment