Monday 10 September 2012

SCRAMBLE





For sheer hard work,volume of work, and shortage of time to do the work today takes the taco!

No sleep,nothing new there, a diabolically early start and a splitting headache,bum!!

My son went straight off to bed when he arrived home from work this morning,normally on a Monday he stays up all day and goes to bed at around seven,tonight that will not be possible;tonight is the inaugural meeting of the new conservation group and lord knows when that will end.

While he slept I baked the days bread(granary) gave Pa his breakfast and the washed my hair. My son took tea at noon after which I gave him a hair cut then hot styled his rebellious locks. While I had the shears to hand I scarified Pa at the same time,he looks cute with a new style, a sort of pixie cut!

There followed a dash to the shops to buy daylight bulbs,very necessary for a night worker,especially in the winter time,then back to tackle the ironing,bum again!!

Since the meeting was to begin at six thirty dinner was unconscionably early today,oh well,needs must . New bread is always celebrated with a meal to set it off and today’s dinner was pan fried haloomi with crispy panchetta,Camembert melted in the box,deep fried breaded Camembert,apricot sauce,tomato sauce and salad. I know it sound complicated but really it is so simple and the breaded Camembert can be prepared the day before if necessary.

Leaving Pa to have a nap we set off for the meeting,armed with constitution,ballot papers plans and drawings and a whole stack of other odds and ends inducing information about funding all to be debated at the meeting.

The turn out was much better than we could have hoped and our group filled quite a large room.

There were a few old faces in the room and many new comers who we were glad to see. Well to cut a long story short my son was elected chairman by an overwhelming majority and what opposition there was soon melted away when it came obvious that my son had the confidence of most of the group.

My modest boy was quite taken aback by the whole hearted support and the rest of the committee were elected in the same way. I am so proud of him,I watched him deal with quibblers and spoilers and he managed beautifully.

Back at home we have just ordered a celebration pizza and some ice cream....and then,,,thankfully to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment