Sunday 16 September 2012

WHAT DID THE DOG SAY WHEN HE SAT ON THE CHEESE GRATER





Rough! That sums op the night I had,how I felt this morning and for most of the day. The author of this nasty little virus declared himself to be feeling much better although the redness of both his nose and eyes belied the statement.


Grimly I set about making the morning coffee and switched on the television thanking the Gods that I'd had the foresight to prepared today’s dinner yesterday and that my son was cooking breakfast.......if he ever got out of bed that is!

For the most part of last night I had felt really unwell and had it not been for the expected gamesters I would,for two pins ,have remained in bed a lot longer. My son was determined to have the game in spite of looking like hell so we went down to breakfast. I was surprised to find my self hungry for I spent most of last night feeling decidedly queasy,eating made me feel better at once,another half hour and another cup of tea would have been lovely.......almost an hour early one of the gamesters arrived and ten ,minutes later another,breakfast was over.

While I washed up the gang removed my dining table and chairs from the kitchen and replaced them with two large collapsible banqueting tables which spend most of their lives stored in my neighbours garage,this done I left them to their game and took my self off to do the ironing. Ironing is in my opinion a bigger pain than the “monthly curse” it is just as inevitable,comes round more often and goes on for ever.

Still feeling less than my best I decided to wash my hair after which I put in some time on a children’s book I am writing,I have no idea of it's ever being finished but it is fun to do. I have been writing stories for children since the age of twelve,never have I tried to have them published and never do I intend to. So far they have amused three generations of children which is, for me sufficient accolade and beside most of them are ever so slightly less than PC and none the worse for that, although I do wonder what the po faced politically correct brigade would make of them.

The game broke up rather late by which time my son was exhasted,silly boy, he should have spent the day resting,as it was he was too tired to eat dinner and has now gone to bed...better late than never!

As is usual when the house is full of guests our little cat has spent the day in the garden curled up in a flower border,catching some rays as they say the fact that she has known most of today’s guests for years does not alter her dislike of “strangers” in the house. She is an odd little creature for now and then she falls for some one who comes to the house,she once had a crush on a pair of roofers who worked for three weeks on our house. Every day was spent either with them our watching them and when they were finished she was bereft. After a chap who did a little decorating had finished his work she was inconsolable.....funny old puss.

Monday tomorrow,another week over, another week begun,needless to say we did nor get he quiet week we all craved............there's always next time..................with luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment