Monday 28 January 2013

A PUZZLE







                                            A PUZZLE
I have for some years been in the habit of ordering items of clothing for all the family from a company called “Cotton Traders”. This is mail order without any massive interest rates because ,of course everything is paid for in full when the order is made,and until recently all has been well.
The products are of a good quality,the prices not excessive and the customer service good........not any more.

Lately I have observed long delays between ordering the items and the arrival of same,what used to be a matter of a few days can now be counted in weeks. The courier who delivers the goods has developed the habit of throwing the goods down on the step and departing without knocking and now seems to hoard items until he has several before delivering them.

Over a month ago ordered a couple of items and took advantage of the free gift on offer,a laptop tray with light,perfect,I thought for Pa who is not always well enough to sit at his desk. The goods were to be delivered in five to seven working days..that was a month ago.

Today I called the company and was told
The courier had made numerous attempts to deliver the goods but we were out on all occasions.
I explained that the house was never left unattended and that there was someone in 24.7.
The courier had called once and finding no one at home had left a card!
While this contradicts the first excuse my own remarks cover both eventualities
The good were lost. Misplaced by the courier. The items were no longer in stock and they would send me a mystery gift.
I asked for a refund.
Customer services said that the matter would have to be refer to her supervisor because.......They could not give refunds until the goods had been returned,,,wait for it.....by the courier!!!!!!
I asked how this would be possible since the courier had lost the goods and there was a long pause while she again consulted with her supervisor. They would ,she told me ,chase the courier! Chase the courier? I thought they had lost the goods?
Is it me, or does this whole rigmarole seem like a load of absolute garbage.

When I order white trousers and a green top it is because those are the goods I wish to purchase,not a different item in a different colour.

This is not the first time we have had this trouble but I guarantee that it will be the last.....I shall await the promised telephone call tomorrow,and then we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment