Sunday 13 January 2013

CHILL OUT






Bright cold weather, such as we had here today suits me right down to the ground and after dealing with the usual chores and callers I set out for a run.
Always preferring to have and object I decided to pop in to TESCO for a few odds and ends. The sun was bright and the air still as I trundled along,glad of my fur mittens and the warm woollen cloak given to me by my son.

Every one was muffled up in scarves fur hats, boots and thick coats,I could see my breath on the air,It was definitely becoming colder every minute and remembered that snow had been forecast in the near future.
The supermarket was busy,I went upstairs at once as wanted to buy another fleece onesie for Pa,the first having been a great success,my luck was out,there were none to be had.

I decided to check the ladies section ,perhaps, one of the nice manly tartan ones had ended up there by mistake,alas,I was wrong. It was evident that since my last visit things had been moved around and in place of lovely warm ,fleecy ladies night wear........Bikinis, sun dresses,.beach ponchos...I kid you not.

I was not the only one staring in disbelief at this untimely display, we shook our heads and parted marvelling at such nonsense. I wandered in to an aisle containing floaty frock and flowery smocks,even the damned handbags had flowers on them. I had seen enough and went back down stairs where I was confronted with row upon row of Easter eggs flaunting themselves gaily on the opposite side of the aisle to unwanted tins of Christmas biscuits cards and gift wrap,
I should not have been surprised to see Halloween favours and garden furniture!

Bathing costumes...in January..... try buying one in August and all you will find are fur boots and ushanka. The world has gone stark raving mad........or is it me?

WebRep
Overall rating
This site has no rating
(not enough votes)

No comments:

Post a Comment