Saturday 26 January 2013

FARMERS MARKET


              


                                 FARMERS MARKET
There are several Farmers Markets in the surrounding towns, all of which would take too long for me to reach by buggy and as public transport is impossible I would be unable to avail myself of their wares were it not for a kind neighbour who visits these outlets regularly.

Today ,while baking almond slices I received a call from him,they had,he told me the most beautiful partridges at the rate of five birds for £10,00, practically a gift. Well of course ,I said”Yes please.” at once. 

Mallard were £4.00 each, I ordered two,and finally he purchased for me a massive bag of organic breadflour,again at a bargain price;I was delighted.

When a little later he arrived with the goodies we were even better pleased as the game was of exceptional quality, my mind was already scanning the hoard of recipes I carry about in my head.

Every one seemed sleepy today and we agreed upon an early evening meal, a home made pizza served with a green salad and dips,followed by the almond slices I had made earlier,then showers all round and early to bed. I spent a little time giving myself a much needed pedicure. The house was quiet and |I played cards against an on line opponent as my feet soaked in the warm soap water....it was bliss.

Now I too shall pop into bed, and with the cats permission to sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment