Saturday 19 January 2013

CHELSEA BUNS FOR TEA








It seemed odd not to have have the Dungeoneers meeting here today and it will be even stranger tomorrow as,due to the bad weather and my sons current infirmity there will be no games at all this weekend. My poor boy is miserable ,but I am glad as I think he needs to rest as much as he can before he returns to work.
Days and nights of pain have left him exhausted and as he is still taking large doses of pain killers he is finding it a;most impossible to concentrate.

He is insistent that he will go to work on Sunday, fool that he is,for all the hanks he will get for dragging himself out of bed to make an almost two hour journey in the freezing cold he might as well have a duvet day!

Of course he will not listen to me and so I shall not nag,well,not much!

For myself I too need a rest,after a more than usually busy week I feel less than energetic,I am hoping for a long lie in tomorrow...we shall see.

I made a large batch of white bread today and as I had a little dough left over I made some Chelsea Buns,sticky and delicious,next time you make bread have a go.

You will need

A square cake tin 8x8
about 1lb of white bread dough
a hand full of raisins
3 oz butter
2oz granulated sugar
egg white to brush

For the glaze
2 tablespoons of milk
1 tablespoon of granulated sugar]
caster sugar to sprinkle.

Knead the dough into a ball then roll out on a floured surface into an oblong shape 10”x 5”.
Dot the surface with the butter then sprinkle on the sugar and raisins. Roll into a sausage shape and then cut in to 6 equal pieces, Place side by side in the prepared tin cut side up.
Brush with a little egg white and bake in the oven at 220oC for fifteen minutes.

Dissolve the granulated sugar in the milk and brush on to the buns while they are still hot then sprinkle on the caster sugar at once. Leave to cool the serve with butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment