Thursday 8 March 2012

MURPHY'S REVENGE


Today had been, not to put too fine a point upon it a total bitch! Since stepping reluctantly out of bed this morning I have not put a foot right,from slipping on a piece of soap pt exploding light bulbs, you name it and today it happened.

So bad have things been that I becoming paranoid and expect that at any moment my net book will begin to smoke, acquire or virus, or that the television will give up the ghost.

Take it all around had I remained in bed this morning as every aching bone in my body begged me to do it would have been well! As it was I blundered through the day spreading mayhem and chaos where ever I went, fortunately no one was hurt.....much. Even the cat .poor dear chose this morning to throw up on the mat, and during breakfast too;I swear I shall never eat porridge again.

What is it I wonder that makes a day like today happen? Why is it that some days you just can not take a trick? The rule of “Sods Law” well know to all cannot be so arbitrary, there must be a higher intelligence at work; a kind of celestial game show host who decides who's turn it is to have a bloody awful day if so I should like a quiet word with the gentleman!

I have no intention of cataloguing the days catastrophes and have tried in vain to find something good to say about the day I have just lived through. Perhaps I should be satisfied that I survived the numerous accidents and mishaps but then there are still several hours of the day left.

Bruised battered and with the ruins of what should have been a lovely dinner put out for the local foxes I shall tempt fate no longer and after taking a bath, leaving the door ajar in case of accident I mean to go to bed as soon as possible in the faint hope the the remainder of the day will pass without incident. WISH ME LUCK!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment