Monday 26 March 2012

A NEW LOOK FOR SPRING


Yet another gloriously sunny morning greeted me when I awoke along with a cup of steaming hot coffee delivered by my son. While we chatted He commented that my room looked at odds with the spring morning and I was inclined to agree. Throughout the winter my room has been made snug with Terra Cotta curtains and spice coloured voiles lit with lamps for a cost effect add to this the Terra Cotta and cream patchwork quilt and brown throws and the overall look was on of winter quarters

Bread making came first followed by lemon pancakes for breakfast which was a merry meal as we planned our weeks activities after which I prepared some twice baked cheese soufflés for dinner. Back in my room and too tired for gardening I decided to give my room a change to some thing a little more spring like.

Now at this point I expect my son rather wished that he had kept his observations to himself as unable to remove the curtains myself I was obliged to ask him to lend a hand. Down cam the Terra Cotta curtains and the spice coloured voiles and up when the green velvet curtain, over twenty years old but looking very fresh as before I put them away last year I dyed them and I must say that they look as good as new. Next a pink tie up voile curtain was added and my son was free to return to his room and collapse!

Brow throws were changed for green and cream,the spice coloured candles and Terra Cotta ornaments were put away and replaced with cream candles,pink white and red roses and a basket of ivy ,the result was very pretty and spring like. I still have a few tweaks to do but for now it will do.

Of course now that I have done this it will probably snow a t Easter but I shall not care if it does. Ordinarily it is the custom to put up light weight curtains for the summer months , my summer curtains are as heavy as my winter ones for the good and simple reason that the rising sun would make my room to bright as it shines straight in at my window from the moment that dawn breaks. Should the weather turn cold again all will be well and I shall still have a cosy room.

Twiggy however is less than impressed, she has had a love affair with the winter curtains ever since I put them up last October ,they say that cats cannot see colours,I feel sure that they do.
With all the work done I hope that I shall be able to return to the garden tomorrow with a will, there are seeds to sow and potato bags to prepare,the grass needs edging and the sweet peas I planted last week need to be given a frame of twine to climb up as they grow.

Dinner was lovely , the soufflés with fried haloomi. Crisp panchetta ans a crisp green salad was perfect especially as we had new bread to eat with our meal. Now we are all ready for an early night and It will be fun to go to sleep in my newly furbished room. Tomorrow I shall bring n some sticky buds for the vases,a sure sign that spring is really hear at last.

No comments:

Post a Comment