Monday 25 February 2013

A NEW BEGINNING






                                                                   WELCOME


My son arrived home from his last shift laden with an astonishing collection of wonderful gifts,and the good wishes of his friends and colleagues still ringing in his ears. My modest boy had not expected this and was still in amazement while he showed us his leaving gifts.

He really had no idea how well thought of he was, It made me think of my favourite film”It's A Wonderful Life”. I was so happy that I cried.

There was even a gift for me,a beautiful shawl,soft and luxurious and a perfect match for my new sweater, I cried all over again.
Something amazing happened last night, for which I am truly thankful, all the kindness and goodwill towards my son from his work mates seems to have washed away the bad memories of the past year or two and left a happy glow with all of us that seems like magic.

I shall miss baking for my friends, it has been a pleasure to plan treats for such lovely people,it is going to seem very strange for a while.

I would like at this point to invite any and all of my sons friends from work to call in whenever they are in the neighbourhood,and if they will please be so kind as to let me know a day or so in advance I shall be sure and fill the cookie jar and the cake tin in their honour.......so please do come if you can.

And now we begin our new lives,my son will write his books and ,we hope fulfil his ambition to earn his living as a writer. Pa and I will continue to be proud of him,whatever he does.

This really is the end of a chapter in all our lives which has been both merry and sad, and for now the future can take care of itself.

Thank you all for giving my dear son such a perfectly,wonderful and unforgettable day.

No comments:

Post a Comment