Tuesday 5 February 2013

SUNSHINE MUFFINS





In the ten years that we have live in our cottage every room in the house has been decorated,once or twice....excepting my own. Although I am a clean and tidy person the room is beginning to look more shabby than chic,besides which I fancy a change.

In my youth I was, if I say so myself, very good at decorating,not to mention fast. Alas ,those days are gone never to return,and so my son has volunteered to assist me with the painting and my neighbour is popping round to help my son move the furniture......deep sigh!

I am spending some tome this week doing what I can to speed things up next week. Today I cleaned and painted the ancient metal window frames with a special paint,it was only a little job so I hope that there will be no ill effects tomorrow. All being well I shall sand paper the doors tomorrow,let us pray!

Of course decorating leaves me with less time for baking and it will be Friday before bake bread again. A treat was needed for tonight and so I made one of our favourite muffins,which incidentally make a great breakfast too.

SUNSHINE MUFFINS
5 tablespoons of clear honey
40 g butter plus extra for greasing
250ml natural yoghurt
1 large egg
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
half a teaspoon fresh lemon rind finely grated
125g plain flour
150 g wholemeal flour
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
one and a half teaspoons of bicarbonate of soda.

Preheat the oven to 190oC. Grease the bun tins, they should be 1 one and a half inches deep. Melt the honey and butter together over a very low heat then remove them and leave to cool.
Whisk the yoghurt,egg,lemon juice and lemon rind together. Sift all the dry ingredients together then fold the wet ingredients in to the dry ones. Do not over mix!
Fill the wells two thirds full and do not smooth the surface.
Bake the muffins for twenty five minutes serve hot or cold.                         

No comments:

Post a Comment