Wednesday 6 February 2013

DECORATING






Today I painted another of the doors in my room, including the architrave and I feel quite proud of myself.
My son is to paint the walls and ceiling next week and I would like to have the woodwork done before he begins. I did the two metal windows yesterday and so I still have two door sides a wooden window, a stone mantelpiece and the skirting board. I am not sure if a shall be able to do the last as the amount of bending required will probably be beyond my powers,still ,we shall see.

I have chosen a pretty cream colour,no feature walls for me,my patchwork quilts, curtains and cushions provide more than enough colour for a small room. I am to be given a beautiful patchwork quilt for Mothers Day, a joint gift from the boys and so it would be lovely if my room were newly decorated for the occasion.
I recently picked up some lovely dusty pink curtains with tie backs and matching cushion covers very cheaply so the new look will be complete.

Tonight I cooked the cheats steaks, the recipe for which I posted a couple of days ago, this time I added a few finely chopped sun dried tomatoes to the meat, the boys and I really tucked in. The gravy is very good and with mashed potato is is perfect.

We finished our meal with a slice each of lemon drizzle cake,now the cake tin is empty again which means a baking day very soon.

My knee is very painful today,I am in the middle of a change in my medication and the pain has been much less easy to ignore since the second week of the change. I am hopeful that things will settle down again soon as it often takes a while for a new drug to begin to take effect.

With all my chores done I shall soon be off to my bed with a hot drink and hopefully one of the cats,if, that is either one decides to honour me with her presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment