Wednesday 27 February 2013

THREE SLEEPY PEOPLE AND A PAIR OF DOZY CATS







Tired as we all were not one of us slept much last night, as I tottered across the ;anding at around four this morning noticed that my sons light was burning, the absence of the usual sonorous snores from downstairs told me that Pa too was still awake.
In consequence of this we were a drowsy set at breakfast,and compared tales of noises in the night, cramps and blocked noses which had conspired to rob us all of much needed sleep.

Our breakfast of freshly griddled potato cakes and a pot of good strong tea soon had us back on form and we revelled in the fact that we were free to do with the day as we pleased.
My son and I spent a couple of hours making the downstairs rooms easier for Pa to navigate in his chair and soon had everything sorted out.

Part of our problem last night was the departure of a large film crew from the stately home further up the lane. Huge pantechnicon shunting up and down with hissing brakes and swearing drivers is all too common hear abouts. The problem is that the gates are rather small and the vehicles rather large, add to this a ninety degree turn in to that lane and it is easy to see the difficulty. Even the cats had a rusty air about them and seemed inclined to doze more than usual.


These days I am none to handy with the old D.I.Y, my son, however has a natural gift in this direction which surprised even himself. He is especially good with flat pack furniture a talent given to few. He should hire himself out by the hour to those less gifted in this area.


In spite of all we had a happy day, we keep on hugging each other out of shear happiness,none of us quite believes our good fortune.
Macaroni cheese with ham made a perfect evening meal,real comfort food and afterwards we sat munching jelly beans while we talked over our future plans.

The artwork for my sons next book has arrived and has exceeded all expectations,yet I hope that he will not begin writing until he has rested a little,he will,of course as he cannot wait to begin.
Tomorrow I have a feast to prepare, a celebration of my sons new life, I have a huge cockerel,as big as a turkey and I shall trim it fit for a festival.......which means that I had better try to sleep.....now where did I put the earplugs we bought for bonfire night?  

No comments:

Post a Comment