Wednesday 20 February 2013

SEEING IS BELIEVING






Continuing the saga of my siege with the Optician it is with great relief that I have to report that I shall not be paying almost two hundred pounds for two pairs of glasses. My son,on hearing my tale of woe became very angry that someone had tried to rip off his old Mum and rode to the rescue like a knight of old (it must be all the Sword and Sorcery stuff) and not only did he save the day,he saved me £100.10 in the process.

What is truly amazing is that I still get two pairs of glasses,complete with light lenses and scratch resistant coating,everything ,in fact that the sales person at the Tesco optician had told me would cost £173.OO,quite a saving don't you think?

I would like to make it quite clear the the lovely lady who actually carried out the test gave excellent service and had nothing at all to do with the sales pitch,my complaint is with the sales lady and myself for falling for her patter.

Until the time came to pay I firmly believed,as I had been led to believe that my glasses would cost about £85.00 maximum,she was clever,I’ll give her that.

My son rang around a few local opticians this morning and also made enquiries amongst his acquaintance to discover the best deal . In short,ladies and gentlemen the moral is “Should have gone to Spec Savers.) Exactly where shall be going with my son next week.

I am still in the grip of a nasty head cold and that, coupled with the bustle of decorating and almost total lack of sleep for several weeks has me feeling weak, feeble and exhausted.
Sunny days are purgatory as my heart wants to be out in the garden pruning and planting, getting ready for spring. The grim reality is that by the time I have been up and about for an hour or so my legs and my back ache so much that I can barely stand and all I want to do is sleep.

I expect that it is just a bad case of winter blues,I hope so, and I hope that I can pull myself together soon. At least am managing to produce meals for the boys though I admit they are very simple indeed. Tonight we had a medley of sausages served with jacket potatoes, butter and grated cheddar(cream cheese for me) and a green salad. Next Tuesday I have a feast to prepare for my son to celebrate his jumping off the treadmill! I shall have to feel a lot better if I am to pull it off successfully.....oh dear.

On the plus side the cats are behaving quite well,Pa seems a little brighter than usual and my newly painted room looks lovely in the sunshine,and cosy by lamp light . Plenty to be thankful for to be sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment