Tuesday 19 February 2013

I SEE!






I rolled this morning from my tousled bed,having slept not at all...again.....and dragged myself to the optician. Having recently,very stupidly broken my glasses ;it was an absolute necessity as I am as short sighted as a bat without my specs!

The eye test was free, alas,from there it was all down hill. I must say that the test was thorough and I looked froward to being able to see clearly again and the offer of two pairs for the price of one sounded attractive
I was shown some spectacles costing £65.00 a pair,they were awful!
Next I was shown some costing £85.00 per pair,they were lovely.

On the face of it £85.00 for two pairs of specs is not bad,I considered,thinking that the offer had been for two complete pairs of glasses.

Not so, the offer was for the frames only and did not extend to the lenses.






Two sets of lenses,well lets see, the prescription called for thick lenses as my sight is poor,these would be cumbersome and may not suit the frames. Of course I could pay extra and have the lenses coated ,which would mean I could have thinner lenses,it sounded reasonable,after all I did not fancy wearing a pair of bin lids.
The final total was £179.00!!!!!!!! Is it just me or does that seem a lot?

Oh well,I thought even if I'd purchased the cheaper frames the price difference would only have been £25.00 less,until that is I arrived home.

It seems that there are other,much less expensive frames on display in another area of the shop,from what I had seen the starting price was £65.00, Pa told me that he had seen frames for as little as fifteen pounds,I checked,he was correct.

The difference between looking ghastly in a pair of £65.00 glasses and looking nice in the £85.00 ones is one thing, however I could be persuaded to look like and old school marm if in doing so £100.00 could be saved,unfortunately I was not given the chance.
When my son found out he was furious and showed my some glasses on line very like the ones I had been shown priced at £29.00 including the lenses.

I offer this word of warning to anyone contemplating a visit to an optician to buy spectacles,and it is this, for Gods sake take your glasses with you!

WebRep
Overall rating
This site has no rating
(not enough votes)

No comments:

Post a Comment