Wednesday 13 February 2013

OUT FOR THE COUNT






It was almost midnight before we had finished decorating my room and ,of course tidying up all the decorating tackle,brush and roller cleaning etc. by the time the last piece of furniture had been returned to it's rightful place my son and I were,as he so picturesquely put it,zonked!!!

With the bathroom free at last from shelves,drawers and bed frames we all showered and prepared for bed. Lying in my lovely room I felt very thankful for my kind son,who's prowess with a paint brush surprised me. At first I could not sleep for the pain in both legs was dreadful,I took codeine and an hour later was still in pain. I took another half dose and soon the pain eased a little,enough for me to sleep for a couple of hours.

At four thirty I took another dose of codeine and slept again ,this time until six. It was lovely waking up in my pretty room, some of the furniture was relocated yesterday and the resulting changes are very pleasant .Looking about as I drank my morning coffee I felt very lucky indeed.

My son spent today in London with a friend and I decided to take a holiday also. After making Pa and I a breakfast of piklets and syrup I went for a refreshing run on the buggy then spent the remainder of the day tweaking the small details of my rooms decore , ornaments,candles and so forth.

Still in considerable pain I sat for a while in my easy chair cosseting my little grey cat Twiggy who has been very good of late. Not only was she very understanding about yesterdays upheaval but also ,she has, during the past few days allowed Moth ,our calico kitten to remain indoors unmolested. They seem to have agreed to ignore each other,a vast improvement on their former ill tempered exchanges.

When my son arrived home from his day out I cooked bacon,eggs, sausages,potato cakes and beans for dinner and very lazy I felt I must say.

Now I am back in my room once more,. Pa is taking a shower and my son is watching a film, it has been a lovely peaceful day .Tomorrow I am cooking roast partridge for dinner with a valentines day cake to follow........back to normal...I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment